People settle in their lives on a daily basis. We accept jobs we hate, we deal with friends who let us down,We settle in our relationships because we are scared to be alone .
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do You have big plans, even bigger dreams but you won’t take action?
- Are you waiting for the right conditions or circumstances to change?
- Do You find yourself making excuses?
- Do You find yourself jealous or envious of others success?
- Do You rationalize, not being good enough or worthy enough to have the best?
When you settle for less, you are sending yourself the message that you are “Less than” or “Not Worth it”.
This mindset does not serve you and has no place in your life. It will rob you of your dreams and living a life of purpose and passion.
So what can you do this week to break this cycle?
Here are some ways to help you live the life you deserve.
1. Get clear on what you want. Start by creating a clear vision of what you want for your life. Your vision for your life is your guide. It serves as a compass that guides you to make the best choices and take the best action to help propel you to reaching your goals
2. Break out of the average mold- Average, stunts our growth and paralyzes our progress. Settling for average limits our livelihood and confines our capacity. So, what does it mean to be average? To be average means to be ordinary, moderate or mediocre. Being average deprives you of your purpose and destiny. It is the reason so many people live beneath their privilege and stop short of fulfilling their calling.
3. Know your Worth. The value you place on yourself teaches others how they should value you as well. The way you perceive your value will affect how other people see you.
4. Know your non-negotiables. Knowing and establishing boundaries, gives you the confidence you need to say “no” to things that aren’t aligned with what you’ve already decided is important to you. You have to get to a point where there are some things that you are not willing to entertain any longer.
You deserve the best that life has to offer. The minute you settle for less than you deserve ,you get even less than you settled for. So aim high, dream big and live your best life
“There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living” – Nelson Mandela